Buyer Job Description
To apply for this position, complete our online application.
The Buyer procures parts, equipment, and materials by developing sources of supply and monitoring supplier performance; obtaining required parts, equipment, and materials, verifying receipt of items, authorizing payment, and managing and controlling inventory.
- Issue requests for quotes (RFQ) and select best source consistent with cost, quality and delivery requirements. (At least 3 RFQ are required for best price and delivery)
- Negotiate and manage long term pricing agreements on critical materials.
- Prepare purchase orders (PO) based on bill of material (BOM) requirements for customer purchase orders and/or top level saleable items.
- Complete purchase requests by creating POs, expediting deliveries, and verifying all transactions.
- Handle correspondence concerning over-shipments, delivery shortages, changes in quantity, delivery dates, and prices.
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels consistent with targeted inventory goals as set by management.
- Monitor supplier performance as required by the ISO 9001-2015 standard by ensuring that product is delivered as scheduled and meets specifications. Must maintain appropriate files and records of meetings with suppliers to ensure company requirements are met and that suppliers are aware of their performance.
Education and Experiences
- Minimum 3 years of related procurement experience including purchasing, inventory control, contract negotiation, supply management, supplier relationships, and tracking budget expenses
- Familiar or experienced with an enterprise MRP software
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to perform assignments with minimal supervision
- Ability to resolve issues or problems that may arise
- Ability to perform responsibilities accurately and thoroughly
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Efficient organization and time-management skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite and ERP software